Lead Partener: Road Infrastructure Agency
Parteners: Olt County Council
Implementation Period: 29.04.2011 - 28.10.2013
Project Budget: 7,955,995.66 EUR (6,719,633.94 EUR from European Regional Development Fund)
General objective: Improvement of road traffic conditions at cross-border area through rehabilitation of 16,36 km of road III-3004 Trastenik – Orehovitza – Road III-137 from km 13+658 to km 30+013
Specific objective 1: Improvement of the transport infrastructure in Olt-Pleven border area, in order to increase commodities and services’ mobility in the region by modernization of 12 km of DJ 544 county road
Specific objective 2: Tourism development on the both sides of the border (Dolna Metropolia Municipality, Pleven District in Bulgaria and Olt County in Romania)
Specific objective 3: Social and economical development of the cross-border region.
- Fully renovated 16,36 km national road between Trastenik to Orehovitza on the Bulgarian territory.
- Modernized 12,054 km of DJ 544 county road in Romania;
- Modernized bridge in BG territory
- Ensured free tourist access to the local landmarks;
- Increased traffic safety;Increased the institutional interaction between local authorities in Pleven and Olt.